Small Business Resources
Forms for Group AdministratorsBCBSNC Enrollment/Change Form 1-24
Carrier WebsitesBlue Cross and Blue Shield of NC
United Health One
Customer ServiceBCBSNC Group Customer Service Line - (877) 258-3334
BCBSNC Individual Customer Service Line - (800) 222-4816
United Healthcare Group Customer Service Line - (800) 842-8000
Golden Rule Customer Service Line - (800) 657-8205
Ameritas Dental Customer Service Line - (800) 659-2223
Securian Dental Customer Service Line - (800) 234-9009
Cigna Healthcare Nationwide Customer Service Line - (800) 244-6224
Duct Tape Marketing
State Continuation Tips
Employees and their dependents have the option to continue group coverage for 18 months from the date that they cease to be eligible for coverage under the health benefit plan. Employees are not eligible for continuation under the state law if:
- The employee’s insurance terminated because they failed to pay the appropriate contribution.
- The employee or their dependents requesting continuation are eligible for another group health benefit plan.
- The employee was covered less that three consecutive months prior to termination.
The member must notify the group of the intention to continue coverage and pay the applicable fees within 60 days following the end of eligibility. Upon the receipt of the notice of continuation and applicable fees, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina will reinstate coverage back to the date eligibility ended. The state law continuation benefits run concurrently and not in addition to any applicable federal continuation rights.
Group continuation under state law will end after 18 months or earlier if:
- The employer ceases to provide health benefit plans to employees
- The continuing person fails to pay the monthly fee
- The continuing person obtains similar coverage under another group plan
If an employee elects North Carolina State Continuation, an Enrollment and Change Form stating this fact must be submitted to the carrier.